Friday, July 2, 2010

Savouring quiet moments

Mmm.. I've just been trawling through the internet like a web bot and enjoying reading anything I come across. I've been lying in bed with the laptop on my lap for three hours. My back is starting to hurt. And yet, I haven't bothered to get up.

All of a sudden, the enticing aroma of warm food wafts into my room. What is it? I have no idea, and now after doing nothing for so long but looking at this screen and pondering life in its many forms, I have to get UP. Start my day. To see what the delicious smell is.

I caught up with Zhan from high school last night for a Spanish style dinner at 10pm. We discussed how at the reunion some people appeared to have changed so much or not at all. I was in the 'unchanged' category...

Yet I have in some ways- I remember when I couldn't stay at home for two days in a row. That's changed. If I learnt anything in Denmark, it was how to do stay at home and be more content being less busy. I've come to enjoy the quiet moments.

A good book. Amazing hot chocolate. Warm bubble baths. Haha. Perhaps not that much has changed after all.


No comments: